WLCI School of Business Management shares the skills one must have to be a logistic manager.
The process of managing goods from the beginning to supplying the final product, in sync with the requirements of the customers, is what logistics is about. It plays a crucial part in supply chain management of a business organization making a logistics manager a very important person in the whole process.
From interacting with the other people of the company to keeping an eye on the production and supply of the products, a logistics manager has a lot to do. Here are a few essential qualities that you must have to excel in this field:
- Time Management: You must be good at managing your own time as well as that of others as there is a lot involved.
- Patient Listener: You must be a good listener and give full attention to what is being told to you. Once you have understood the points made, ask appropriate questions so that there is no gap.
- Ability To Think Critically: You need to use logic and reasoning to hit upon solutions to complex problems and then judge their strengths and weaknesses.
- Monitoring: Ability to assess both your own performance and that of others is necessary to make improvements in the organization.
- Evaluating Systems: Simply adopting measures is not enough. There must be indicators of system performance and you should evaluate the measures and check whether they are yielding results.
- Be Ready To Learn: You should be fine with new training methods and procedures to update your own knowledge and skills sets to enable you to better your performance.
- Managing Resources: Finally as a logistics manager, you must see to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials.
There are a few educational institutions’ that impart a management courses in logistics. Students are trained in supply chain management and related issues at WLCI School of Business.